TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PITCH IT, GET FUNDED CHALLENGE
The following terms and conditions apply to the PITCH IT GET FUNDED CONTEST organized by CHATEAU ROYAL REAL ESTATE LIMITED (the “Organizer”) conducted through various social media platforms and the website. These apply in addition and subject to any specific terms identified at any of the organizer’s social media platforms for the contest and in the event of any conflict the terms posted at the website shall prevail:
(1) The organizer is CHATEAU ROYAL REAL ESTATE LIMITED RC: 1456529 with its registered office at 33B Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos State.
(2) The contest is open to residents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with a local residential address of at least 21 years of age or above and except the employees of Chateau Royal Real Estate Limited, their close relatives, and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging the competition.
(3) Each participant entering the Contest through a social media platform must do using their registered personal account. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest. However, any cost associated with materials used or procured for the purpose of entering the Contest is the participant’s responsibility.
(4) Only one entry is allowed per participant. Participants found cheating (for instance, creating shell social media accounts to take part in the Contest) will be disqualified immediately. Multiple entries from the same Participant will be disqualified.
(5) No responsibility is accepted for any contest entries that are incomplete, tagged incorrectly, unreadable, ineligible, corrupted, misdirected, lost or delayed, not received for whatever reason, or are unable to be sent/published due to technical or transmissions/failures of any kind or any other reason.
(6) Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions of the Contest. Prizes will be provided in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions. Any entry not compliant with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Contest at any time without prior notice.
(8) This Contest requires each participant to ensure that his/her social media account settings allow for public view during the duration of the Contest. In the event the Organizer is unable to verify the entry due to incorrect account settings, the entry will be considered invalid and voided.
(9) Closing date for each month’s entry will be on or before the last day of the month under review. After this date, any new entry to the competition will be reviewed the next month. Entry is open for 100 days starting from the 1st day of September 2022 and closing on the 31st day of December 2022. No entry or entries will be entertained after the 31st day of December 2022.
(10) The rules of the contest and how to enter are as follows:
You must be following and like Chateau Royal on all social media platforms on Instagram – @chateauroyal_ng, Facebook – Chateau Royal Real Estate Limed, LinkedIn – Chateau Royal Real Estate Limited, Twitter – Chateauroyalltd, and YouTube – Chateau Royal Real Estate Limited.
Repost the Pitch It Gets Funded e-flyer on your social media page and tag @chateauroyal_ng and at least 5 persons to like your post.
Upload a 5-minute (maximum) business pitch video on Instagram with the following hashtags #PitchItGetfunded #Chateauroyalrealestate #100daysgetfundedchallenge and tag @chateau royal
Attach a brief business proposal (at least 5 pages) to the form on the website.
(11) Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the Contest entry by the Organizer’s social media account or designated email.
(12) All entries received and verified will be judged by the Organizer on their merits and winners will be selected at random based on the fulfillment of the criteria stated for the Contest by an Independent judge appointed by the Organizer solely for the purpose of the Contest or the Organizer.
(13) It is a condition of entry that winners consent to the publication of their names and social media platform identifiers (in the format of name, username, profile picture, and/or submitted photo) on any public material and social media platforms of the organizer for publicity purposes without notice.
(14) All winners will be published on the Instagram handle of the Organizer and will be notified via phone call, email, and/or DM on Instagram and may be required to private message the Organizer via the social media platform of the Contest they participated in to provide their personal details (name, email and contact number) for the purposes of identity verification for prize collection.
(15) Where the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the organizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner, forfeit the prize or donate the prize to charity.
(16) The prize is as follows:
N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) only divided into N100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) only for 10 participants.
(17) The prizes will be awarded as follows:
3 winners in September 2022
3 winners in October 2022
3 winners in November 2022
1 winner in December 2022
(18) The organizer will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected. Winners must also present relevant identification documents at the point of redemption for verification purposes.
(19) The prize must be taken as offered in this contest. It cannot be increased, decreased, exchanged, transferred, or extended in validity. The organizer reserves the right to replace the cash prize with an item or items of similar value which at the discretion of the organizer will be of more benefit to the winner’s business without notice to the winner(s).
(20) The organizer is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any participant/contestant or entrant by any third party whether connected with or not connected with the contest. Only information posted on the social media platforms and website of the organizer are valid.
(21) The Organizer’s decision in respect of all matters to do with this competition will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
(22) The Organizer is not liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the prize or any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s personal property including but not limited to a computer or mobile telephone relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading/uploading any materials in connection with the Contest.
(23) Each participant warrants that its entry submission is the original work of the participant and, as such, the participant is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted work, and that the participant has the right to submit the work to the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each participant agrees not to submit any entry that:
infringes any third party’s proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations;
otherwise violates any applicable laws and regulation
(24) All entries submitted must NOT contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales or use of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), offends any social media community guidelines or regulations, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate, in the sole discretion of the Organizer, nor in the name submitted contain any derogatory references to the Organizer or any other person or entity including brands or trademarks of the Organizer or any other person or entity.
(25) The Organizer does not assume any responsibility or liability for any unlawful or unlawfully produced content entry and it is thereof indemnified against any such entry.
(26) The Organizer reserves the right to:
Remove, in its sole and absolute discretion, any submission deemed inappropriate or that is not in compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contest.
In its sole discretion cancel, amend, modify, suspend or terminate the contest and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the organizer’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible by the organizer provided and it is agreed that a post on any of the organizer’s social media platforms suffices as notice.
(27) The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, or any other Social Network or the Federal Government of Nigeria; its States, and Local Government institutions.
(28) By participating in this Contest, participants consent to the Organizer’s use of their personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Contest and also agree to the Chateau Royal Personal Data Protection Policy.
(39) Any provision in the terms and conditions which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining unaffected provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
(30) The Contest and its terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and all registered users and the winners agree to irrevocably submit themselves to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.
(31) Participation in this Contest constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.